The High Sheriff Awards 2023/2024
Every year the High Sheriff of Northamptonshire makes a number of personal awards to recognise and celebrate the work of individuals within the County who have made outstanding contributions to the communities in which they live or work.
Nominations are now invited for the 2023/2024 High Sheriff Awards. Nominations can be made by anyone who lives or works in Northamptonshire whether in the public, voluntary and charitable or private sectors.
All nominations will be treated in the strictest confidence and nominees should not be informed that they have been nominated as it can be very (somewhat) disappointing to raise expectations that are then not met.
Contributions to Community Life
Nominations will be welcome for people who have made outstanding contributions to any aspect of community life and in the current year nominations in the following areas will be particularly welcome:
- Individuals who are, or have been, involved in youth crime reduction projects, whether in prevention, rehabilitation or support for the vulnerable;
- Individuals who have helped those who suffer from domestic abuse;
- Individuals who have helped turn round the lives of young men and women suffering from substance abuse;
- Individuals whose efforts have assisted in the development and enhancement of social cohesion within the County;
- Individuals who have helped across the whole remit of law and order, which might include individuals from emergency services the judiciary or the prison service, as well as volunteer groups;
- Individuals or groups of individuals who have contributed significantly to improving the wellbeing of those in need in our rural communities.
The Nomination Process
- The deadline for nominations is Friday 15th December 2023. Successful nominees will be contacted in mid-February and the High Sheriff Awards will be conferred at a ceremony on a date to be confirmed, to which nominators, families and friends will also be invited.
- To make a nomination please download the Awards Nomination Form that has been prepared for this purpose. Please return the completed form to the High Sheriff preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can complete the nomination form online by filling out the form below.
High Sheriff's Awards Nomination Form 2023/2024